Monday, June 18, 2007

Summertime

WOW, June is flying by! I love summertime. Although I have never had the sought after golden tan I still enjoy many summer activities! Also, my birthday is in the summer, so who wouldn't like that??? Last week we had VBS...........so fun. We attend a smaller church than we used to and it was very special for the children and I to be involved with our new church family. The girls absolutely LOVED every minute of it and we actually didn't have too much trouble arriving at 7:45 a.m. every morning! The children rotated through various fun activities learning about Jonah and his adventures. I learned a lot myself! We have a very special, loving church.

On Tuesday we all went to a friend's house to enjoy their wonderful swimming pool. The children really had a BLAST. Gabe and Hannah both jumped off the diving board. We stayed about 4 hours so of course we all got a little burnt with a side of freckles! Our friend had a pack-in-play for Gabe to take a nap. The room was in their bonus room above the garage which was easily accessible to the pool door. He of course cried at first when I laid him down, but then got quiet and I was watching from the door. I thought he was asleep so I went back out. After a few minutes I thought it wise to check on him again and when I came in I found him sitting innocently at the top of the stairs. I figured I would try one more time to lay him down and he did go to sleep, yeah more pool time!! Well.............the next morning at VBS we discovered that our sweet little, almost two year old had destroyed a 1500 piece puzzle that the family had been working on......GREAT, I should have known that a two year old doesn't escape the pack-in-play and then sit quietly and innocently on the stairs waiting for mommy....ugh! They still want us to come swimming again; they are a very forgiving and gracious family!!!

Gabriel, our soon to be two year old, will really turn TWO on the 21st. It is an adventure having a little boy. I am thankful to have him, very thankful. He adds a lot of spunk to our little family.

That is all for now...........I made the mistake of telling the children last night that we are going to the Y with a friend to go swimming today and lo and behold the rain we have so desperately been needing is falling today. Hopefully we will be okay by this afternoon or it is going to be a very disappointing day for the Jeter's.

OH, one more thing. The scripture verse we learned this week is from Psalms 48:14. "For this God is our God forever and ever. He will be our guide even to the end." I can not even put into the words the joy that fills my heart to hear our children hiding the word of the Lord in their hearts. That is what it is all about.

3 comments:

MADDIE said...

I am glad we got to go---it was a lot of fun!! Here is my secret site---www.christy-smith.blogspot.com

shhhh....don't tell anyone:)

Tracey said...

Get that baby boy a puzzle! Clearly he has an affinity for them! : )

MADDIE said...

I miss you and love you!! We have to get together next week!!

Christy