Friday, April 13, 2007

Restful or Restless

Scripture is full of examples of things that may not make sense and yet God calls us to embrace His promises, trust His wisdom, and collapse on Him. Often in seasons of uncertainty we can possess hearts that are more restless than restful. God comforts us to rest in His promises, which are grounded in His perfect character.
-Brian Howard
www.bgmission.com

This quote is so wonderful in its truth, so real in its words and truly touches my own heart as I examine whether I am restless in my Spirit today. Lord, help me not to be restless today. To God be the glory that He isn't finished with me yet, I have SO much more to learn!

2 comments:

The Jeter Bunch said...

It seems like when I go to bed sometimes I am what seems like restless--but maybe that is when God and I communicate the most because I am finally being still and resting. Just a thought I had!!!

Christy

The Jeter Bunch said...

oops--I was still logged into to your blog adding the new picture--

Christy