Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Why am I grumpy when I should be joyful?

Why do I get funky when the joy of the Lord is in my heart? I am a child of God; a daughter, created by Him to worship Him, as Aaron Schust so greatly put it, "the reason we're here and the reason we sing is to thank you oh God and give praise to the King", and yet I mope around acting like I'm under the law and treating everyone around me, especially my family as if they are under the law, "the Mommy law". Anyways I just feel convicted today of how I act when things are just normal and mundane, no exciting trip is planned or we aren't moving, etc. I tend to always live in the past and in the future. When I hear sad stories, events where people loose their unborn baby or a husband or wife suddenly dies it reminds me of how much I truly have to be thankful for, so much I take for granted. As my best friend said, "why is it during hard times we pray more and draw closer to Him"? I want to draw from the living water EVERY moment, I want to stay plugged in to the power source, that is my prayer for today!

1 comment:

MADDIE said...

We should wake up with this prayer everyday!! I am so with you girl--I love change too and am always looking toward our future instead of living in the now. Whenever I read your blog I was also reminded of this verse--It was the verse we had posted everywhere at camp 2 years ago--1 Corinthians 10:31 Whatever you eat or drink or whatever y ou do, you must do all for the glory of God.

Whatever---This means absolutely everything we are doing must be done for God's glory--not just whatever we are doing years from now.

Love you,
Christy