Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Day in the Life

Wake up: 6:30 a.m., maybe 7:00 am if we are really fortunate!
And that is about all that I am sure about; pretty much all the hours from there until around 8:00 p.m. (bedtime) are somewhat of a blur really. I guess we usually get a little bit of a rest stop from 2-4:00 for nap (any awake time before 4:00 doesn't qualify as a nap).
Okay, I am really exagerating and really exhibiting a poor attempt at trying to write funny blogs like my friend Tracey who has been blessed with the true gift of "storytelling". Right now as I sit here typing I am realizing just how poor my attitude so quickly gets and really over analyzing all that that means. We are so blessed with happy, healthy children, great job, home, cars, we are happily married and working at it and still my discontentment can be so BIG sometimes, it is really embarassing to confess. I guess I just really am ready to live more on purpose, to choose to be happy instead of grumpy, to choose to follow Christ, to face my fears, and not allow this great life I have to just pass me by. I really hope something more exciting happens tommorrow so I can write about a funny story or event in our home or maybe something happened today and I was just too busy to notice!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi friend: I just got home from work and read your blog. Girl, I know you are so aware of your blessings. I prescribe a book called Enjoying Where You Are On the Way to Where You're Going. I think it would be very uplifting and right on target.
I am holding my li'l four year old sweetheart, now. She just woke up from her after school nap. It's so good to be home. I loved being here full time, and hope that one day we will be able for me to be here full time again. It is such an incredible blessing to be able to be home for the children, for my husband, and for fulfilling what God's best is for me. ENJOY it! You never know when it may become impossible. So, enjoy it.

Love you!
Tracey

MADDIE said...

It sounds like a really fun day!!! You forgot talk on the phone to Christy around 9:00,11:00, 1:00, and 4:00.:-)

MADDIE said...

check out my blog--I tagged you!

Christy