Sunday, May 13, 2007

One Hopeless Romantic

I am a romantic. I have recently discovered that my "ideas" about/of/for this world are based on very idealistic and fantasy-like notions of the world around me and how I think it should be. Webster's definition of romantic is this.......full of or dominated by thoughts, feelings, and attitudes of or suitable for romance; passionate, adventurous, idealistic. Yeah, yeah.......that sums me up pretty well. So my question in all of this is.......do I live this way? What does the Lord think of the "romantic" notions in my head, did He plant them there, create me this way or is this fleshly? See........I try and write these light-hearted blogs and now I am getting deep.....too deep even for myself to understand. Okay so is this why I feel so restless sometimes, kind of bored or something, is there something inside of me, some inner-quality that I am too afraid to expand on or that I am holding back for some reason? Or maybe this is discontentment at it's best. Why am I filled with weird thoughts and desires that seem great for a moment, but then I realize they are leading to no where in particular??

Today is Mother's Day and we had a very sweet day. Andy headed to work after church and I was pretty cheerful about that, suprising enough, just thankful that we were able to go to church together. Anyways.......the children gave me a Tim McGraw CD, not the newest one, but his newest Greatest Hits and it is real good.......okay back to the point and connection to all this.......one of the songs that I have heard before a few times on the radio, but never really "heard" if you know what I mean is called The Cowboy in Me.........great song and probably one of the main reasons I have typed this rabbit trail of a blog.........here are some of the words that keep going through my head .....
The urge to run, the restlessness; The heart of stone I sometimes get;
The things I've done for foolish pride; The me that's never satisfied; The face that's in the mirror when I don't like what I see; I guess that's just the cowboy in me.

That is the "jist" of the song........of course to hear it with music is better........I don't know it just struck a chord with me, but I can be kind of odd like that sometimes and of course that yearning I've had since I was a child (that I think all girls have) it's just mine never went away.......to have a horse and live on a ranch.......I guess that's why one of my favorite movies of all time is National Velvet.......young Elizabeth Taylor!!

My final thoughts are this.......Lord, help me to decipher this...........what is this strange "restless" stirring for adventure that I feel all the time.........what does it mean and what do you want me to do........whatever it is, please Lord, help me find peace in it, the patience to wait on you for the answers and the courage to stand still or to go wherever it is You want me to go!

Maybe instead of titling this blog One Hopeless Romantic I could rename it One Hopeful Romantic (in Christ)!

1 comment:

MADDIE said...

God has already used you and Andy in so many ways that I am sure you don't even realize. One of the big things that I loved about you when we first became friends was your ability to dream and seek out God's desires for your family. Love you
Christy