Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Love Your Neighbor

We have lived at our new address for about 9 months. I guess I have realized now in our second house that it takes some time for your house to really feel like home. We moved to a great neighborhood MUCH closer to Andy's workplace and that in itself is such a major blessing. We have the BEST neighbor's too. I grew up in a great neighborhood and had friends and neighbors that were like family to us and I feel like our neighbors here are just the same. We feel really blessed and thankful that the Lord planted us right here for a time with such great love in giving us sweet neighbors! Also, we have done some major painting and some updating in our home and it has been tiring at times, but overall very rewarding. I have learned a lot about painting and de-wallpapering that HGTV just doesn't tell you about, but it has been fun and the girls have been able to help me with a few projects! Sometimes I feel bad for Andy because he works very hard and it seems like there is a never-ending project list awaiting him at home. However, he never complains, unlike me, and he really does a very good job. He has so far in the nine months tiled, repaired the drywall ceiling, hung bead-board (that was tough), built new front porch rails, replaced a toilet, sink and lighting in the bathroom, and various other little projects. I think he really likes learning new things and it has been fun and bonding to work together. Anyways, to sum it all up, I just feel thankful and restful today in our home, thankful to our awesome Lord who loves us so much He never leaves out any of the little details in our lives.
The entire law is summed up in a single command:
"Love your neighbor as yourself."
Galatians 5:14

p.s. Thank you to all my friends that have told me they read my blogs.....sorry for pouting about that one!

3 comments:

MADDIE said...

I am so happy for you that you have good neighbors!! I know what a blessing that can be! I hope you guys have a fun time the next several days with Andy on vacation. I'll try to not be too pouty that I don't get to talk to you as much!!:( J/K--enjoy your time together!!

Love ya,
Christy

MADDIE said...

After meeting your neighbors this past weekend you are right--you are blessed........a sweet family:)

Christy

andrea said...

I wish we could be you neighbors! Miss you guys!

Andrea